 Administrative / General / 2770
    Re: What makes an something an auction —Ben Roller
   (...) sealed bid auctions" should be allowed in bst. :) (...) (URL) would seem to fit my definition of a science. To me, something is a science if you use the scientific method (including things like Psychology, Sociology, Math and Computer Science) (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What makes an something an auction —Todd Lehman
   (...) Grr. Hot button. (...) bidder" while neglecting to to define what a "bidder" is and while also failing to mention the key notion of preemption or leapfrogging. That same dictionary also defines "bid" (verb) in the context of trade as simply to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)