 Administrative / General / 2751
  Email postings

I know this topic has been hinted at before, but Todd - is there any way that the lugnet software could be modified so that it is able to recognise where postings submitted by email form part of a thread, and so put them in the right place in that (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Email postings

(...) If you want the flexibility of downloading the posts to read, then reply offline, why not just use a news reader? Any number of them would let you do exactly what you want to do via your e-mail reader. (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Email postings

(...) [Scheme for enforcing threads snipped] I *only* use email to interact with this community. Why? I don't like any newsreaders I've used and I'm not sure I'll see everything on the website. However, my mail program (mutt, see (URL) works just (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Email postings

(...) Gotta ask -- have you used SLRN? It's a (distant) cousin of Mutt's and has a similar interface. (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Email postings

(...) I have used it, but I still prefer mutt. Plus I haven't figured out how to hook into several NNTP servers, since, I'd need one for RTL, I have one for palm stuff, and there is another 1 or two with a few groups. *sigh* I don't want to run a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Email postings

(...) In your .slrnrc file, make lines like this: server news.goshen.edu .jnewsrc-goshen server lugnet.com .jnewsrc-lugnet server news.vmware.com .jnewsrc-vmware server news.massena.com .jnewsrc-pilot And then make corresponding aliases: alias (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)