 Administrative / General / 2752
Re: Email postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 04:00:18 GMT

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote:
The reason I ask is that for those of us without free local phone
calls (I suspect that's most people outside the US) and who can't
use lugnet at work, subscribing by email is a lot cheaper because
of the far smaller time you spend on the net. Apart from occasionally
if I become aware that a thread I'm interested in has moved onto
another subject that I'm not subscribed to the only times I actually
use the web interface are when I'm posting replies - since I generally
don't want my reply to start a new thread. That adds up to far more
online time - and a significant financial cost - than reading and
replying to stuff by email.

If you want the flexibility of downloading the posts to read, then
reply offline, why not just use a news reader?  Any number of them
would let you do exactly what you want to do via your e-mail reader.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/   (still in Beta)