 Administrative / General / 2721
2720  |  2722
Subject:
Indexing on Keywords and Summary headers (was: Re: reverse indexes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:36:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
1) NNTP headers are ignored during indexing (except the Subject and From
  values).

What about "Keywords"? I'm not sure if anyone actually uses that, but seems
worth keeping...

Oooho.  Yessss...!

Across all the articles posted so far, I only see one instance* of the
Keywords header, but I still agree that it seems worth keeping and indexing
on -- I'd even argue that it's a bug not to index on it.

Alrighty then, I stuffed that in, along with the Summary header as well for
good measure.  (Any new articles with these headers will get indexed, but
old articles which have already been indexed won't be reindexed until the
index is rebuilt from scratch again someday.)

--Todd

* http://www.lugnet.com/news/raw.cgi?lugnet.cad:906