 Administrative / General / 2657
Re: The LEGO history - Interesting book found at the library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:51:58 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> writes:
And the road baseplate, although it was produced for the first time in
the size we know it today starting in 1978, was actually first produced
(possibly only by Samsonite Lego) in 1970 in the 50x50 stud size, but
only for a year or two (I have 2 of these rare large road baseplates,
and the 1970 Samsonite Lego Dealer catalog that list these as a new item).

Do you have a picture of one of these 50 x 50 roadplates?

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting another uncomfortable feeling?  :-/

--Todd

LOL!

-John Van