 Administrative / General / 2609
    Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET —John VanZwieten
    Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:37BAC40E.8DA1F2...ger.net... (...) I think it's mostly a netiquete problem which compounds JW's other netiquete deficiencies. Maybe it's just nice to know there is a real person behind the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET —Mike Stanley
     (...) Having a sig does nothing, imo, to make a message more personal or make it clearer that a person had something to do with it. My newsreader injects sig.txt into my messages every time I post on - I have nothing to do with it. (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET —Matthew Miller
     (...) I think I'm with Larry on this one. While a .sig is certainly traditional, I wouldn't go so far as to call it required by netiquette. (Especially in cases like lugnet, where there's not much fear of the header info being lost.) And actually, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET —Jeff Boen
   (...) as i pointed out to todd in a personal email days ago.. it's true.. people do overlook certain netiquette-breaking rules, depending on the overall picture you've painted of yourself and your demeanor... i never deal with titlecase when writing (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)