 Administrative / General / 2411
2410  |  2412
Subject:
Any good books on jurisprudence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:20:35 GMT

Has anyone read any books on jurisprudence that they could recommend,
specifically in the areas of history, sociology, or anthropology?

The other night at the bookstore I almost bought (and probably still will
someday)...

but was more immediately fascinated by...

because of its mathgeek approach.  I think the second one will be a good
start, but I'm probably still looking for something with a bit more of a
small community bent.  For instance, how do clubs, guilds, unions, boards,
fraternities, sororities, technical societies, and other organizations of
various sizes adopt and tailor localized bylaws, manage interpersonal
turmoil, and deal with transgressions of canon?  What worked 500 years ago
and what still works today?  What worked 500 years ago and doesn't still
work today?

Long-term background reading...rainy-day and chocolate ice cream stuff.

--Todd