 Administrative / General / 238
  Re: LUGNet Chat

(...) That's not true. Linemode is a standard telnet option and should be supported by any good telnet client. See RFC #1184. A lot of places don't use this so that you don't have to press enter after every command. Which is generally a poor (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNet Chat

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message slrn71t391.8c1.mattd....bu.edu... (...) unless (...) Yes, I know this. But using standard telnet with a talk system in linemode means that other peoples text will interrupt your typing. I (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)