 Administrative / General / 2334
Re: Phonetics for "LUGNET" trademark and member IDs (was Re: member id's: simple numbers or something mo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:32:21 GMT

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 21:59:37 GMT, "Robert Munafo" <munafo@gcctech.com>
wrote:

It's not at all clear whether you intend your syllable "MUHK" to rhyme with
"book" or with "fluke" (you didn't mean "muck" because then you would have just
typed "MUCK").

I assumed Todd *did* mean 'MUHK' to rhyme with 'muck'.  I didn't think
about it at the time, but 'UH' doesn't look much like it should be
pronounced like the sounds in either "book" or "fluke".

Steve