 Administrative / General / 2306
Re: What happened to my posting setup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:36:56 GMT

That shouldn't be why, no.  You must have toasted some settings in your
newsreader or emailer or something like that.

Let me take a look at the dead-articles log on the server and see if it has
any clues...  Hmm, there aren't any rejected articles in the log (at least
none matching with "gettig" or "Blake" in the "From:" header).  That means
the server never rejected any of your messages.  Which means you must be
talking about not being recognized at the news-posting page via the web
interface.  In that case, you almost certainly toasted your cookies file.

Did you reinstall your browser or disable cookies recently?

--Todd
I had setup my computer to where I could log in so I would have custom desktop
settings but, my parents didn't like having to log in every time.  Therefor, I
had to change it back to the way it was which involved loging back on to the
connection with the provider.  Looked at the cookie files and they seemed to
be ok.  No wait, I know what I did. I changed the computers login name from
barbara(my mom)to gettig.