 Administrative / General / 2303
Re: Search for "BLOCKQUOTE" in lugnet.faq
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:26:34 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Robert Munafo" <munafo@gcctech.com> writes:

[...]
I'm not too concerned about being able to search for non-alphanumeric
characters in LUGNET messages, except maybe the hyphen issue someone else has
brought up. However, alphanumeric words like "BLOCKQUOTE" should be findable
even if they have non-alphanumeric characters adjacent to them, as long as it's
something the author originally typed in their message.

Agreed!  Again, I'm sorry for the "bug" and I don't know what I was thinking
when I told the indexer to ignore HTML tags.  I'll fix this when I re-work
the indexer and add timestamps to the index.

--Todd