 Administrative / General / 2222
Re: Lugnet Search
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:53:17 GMT

Jeff,

I'm not sure what the problem is in this case.

I just went to lugnet.starwars and typed "a-wing" in the search box. The first
5 messages in a row were the following five, which all mention A-Wings (most in
the subject line!):

http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=159

http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=2280

http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=2277

http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=2288

http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=2084

Were you doing a search for "a-wing" in the entire Lugnet newsgroups, or just
in starwars?

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Stembel writes:
Please index some of these characters.  It is a real pain searching for
"A-Wing", as it returns everything with the word "wing" in it.  Last time I • did
this, I went through two or three pages without finding anything related to
A-Wings.  At that point, I quit looking.

- Robert Munafo