 Administrative / General / 2119
Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:30:21 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Selçuk Göre writes:
I've already get it. But the confusing phrase was not this one, it was:

"Those are all fun names, of course, and these people could all
*certainly* continue to use these "handles" as they currently do in the
newsgroups -- we're not talking here about changing anything anything --
just about how to move forward."

:-)

Oh.  YES, *that* is *really* ambiguous.  I see how anyone could read the
wrong thing in that.  Oops.  OK, let me reword that to say what I actually
meant to say:

"Those are all fun names, of course, and these people could all certainly
continue to use these "handles" in news messages (just exactly as they have
been and continue to do now -- in news messages).  So this isn't talking
about changing anything -- but simply how to move forward in a semi-related
area.  Handles and screen names are still fine in news messages -- no
changes there.  Handles and screen names are not OK in member-ID's because
they're much more permanent and visible from the outside."

Whew.  I think that's much more accurate.  A thousand pardons!  (And thanks!)

--Todd