 Administrative / General / 2001
Re: Allocation of member #'s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 00:26:26 GMT

You could end up with a bidding war similar to personalised car licence
plates.

Numbers like 1, 13 and dare I say it 69 may raise a lot of interest.  Then
again this could be a good thing if people are prepared to pay for these
numbers via an auction and thus become a good money earner for Lugnet
Corporation.

Whether this would result in a thriving black market in "Lugnet ID Numbers"
would remain to be seen.  For instance, Wes De Beer could successfully bid
US$231 on ID number 1 then sell it a year later to say Eve Asian for US$541.

Whether Todd would be happy with this is unknown but a lot of people could
stand to make a lot of money if the whole situation isn't handled properly.

Sanjay

<Tougue firmly in cheek for the duration of this post>
"If you don't have a sense of humour you don't have any sense"