 Administrative / General / 1947
1946  |  1948
Subject:
Chopped headers (Was: Question about 7101)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:46:01 GMT

Todd,

I'm getting some garbled nntp headers.  This is from message
lugnet.off-topic.pun:128 ; note the break at the end of the "References:"
line :

<<QUOTE1
<FD0t9F.EIv@lugnet.com> <375EC1CC.B0C77BE7@pilot.msu.edu>
<FD4KnK.405@lugnet.com> <19990610.134954.5095.0.braml@juno.com>
<37604E10.978023FE@voyager.net> <FD642I.L1r@lugnet.com>
<376142F4.A735D893@voyager.net> <3773d28c.96649233@lugnet.com>
<376B8D16.C8A499CB@voyager.net> <3777a2f4.3257693@lugnet.com>
<3777AD82.725A36E4@voyager.net> <FE1v5w.8B4@lugnet.com>
<FE1xE9.BHx@lugnet.com> <FE232n.LL7@lugnet.com>
<3777E886.49F3E43D@geocities.com> <FE245q.AI
QUOTE1

Do you know if anyone else is seeing this in a non-Netscape nntp client?

Also, in the same message there is a line break after the "Lines:" header
but before what appears to be a continuation of the "References:" header,
thusly:

<<QUOTE2