 Administrative / General / 1881
Re: superAUCTION 5: MIB Trades Welcome!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:04:55 GMT

Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote:
I completely agree with you that this is the best place to conduct you
auction/trade.
Lugnet.market.auction appears to be a fizzer with few users and little exposure.

Hunh?  There isn't much discussion in .auction because that's not what
it's for.  I routinely post my JABA announcements to .auction and I
get a lot of responses.  I've missed posting the last couple to RTL
and still did fine, so I think most of the people perusing my site do
so after seeing a message in .auction.

There are many more "users and exposure" in .general, but that doesn't
mean that violating the terms of usage to post auction announcements
there is acceptable.

People who WANT to see auction listings can read .auction.  People who
DON'T want to read them shouldn't have to do so, and by reading other
groups where auction announcements aren't allowed they should have
some guarantee that they won't be bothered.

As maximum exposure is needed to buy, sell, trade or auction, that site is woeful.
Lego is an addiction to many but we are all capable of avoiding the sites that
cause us more harm to hip pocket. I'm sure that many of your bidders originally had
no intention of bidding but couldn't help themselves.

Ok, so because people who don't want to spend money may avoid groups
where auction postings are acceptable, that makes it ok for
auctioneers to violate the terms of use here and pollute other groups
with their postings?  That's bullshit.

I think Todd should combine "market auction" and "buy,sell, trade", or he will
continue to loose people to the dreaded ebay or back to rtl.

I think you're wrong.  eBay will always have people, and in some way
Lugnet will never compete with the sheer exposure that it offers.  In
other ways Lugnet offers a targeted exposure that eBay will never
attain.  And to hell with RTL - it's more noise than not now.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide