 Administrative / General / 1708
Re: .loc.bn (Brunei)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.bn, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 10:17:12 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

It's kind of a LUGNET policy that any country with at least one LEGO
enthusiast online automatically receive a place in the loc groups

That's nice, but won't the groups be highly inflated?

.my = Malaysia, I take it?  Do you know of any LEGO fans in Malaysia?  Are
the two halves (East & West) generally thought of as a unified state or
two separate states?

Fans in Malaysia? Quite a few.  Fans with internet connections, not really :)

West Malaysia was formerly called Malaya and has 11 states and Malaysia's Federal
Territory (KL).  It is separated by the Borneo States of Sabah and Sarawak and
Labuan FT, which is just off the coast of Brunei (Labuan FT, that is).
Culturally, linguistically and geography, East Malaysia (the 3 aforementioned
places on Borneo) are closer to Brunei than to their counterparts in the West,
though I suppose you can say they are ruled from KL much like any other state in
West Malaysia.  I'll be off to Sarawak tomorrow for some Castle sets :)  It's
about an hours drive away.  Driving to BSB, the capital of Brunei, would also
take about the same time from here (and yes, it is a jungle out here :).  Hope
that helps.

Simon.
LEGO: SP[cl++++(6825)ip++bt1-]++++(6951) PI[so++++]++
CA[dm++++(6078)bf/cr+++(6017)fm++]++++(6081) #++++ YB75M