 Local / Brunei / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
.loc.bn (Brunei)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.bn, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 14:06:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.bn, Simon H. Young writes:
LUGNET Server wrote:
Welcome to lugnet.loc.bn, a LUGNET discussion group.

CHARTER/PURPOSE:

   lugnet.loc.bn (group):
      Negara Brunei Darussalam (Brunei).

Heh!

Todd, you didn't have to create a whole new newsgroup just because I
subscribed to lugnet.

It's kind of a LUGNET policy that any country with at least one LEGO
enthusiast online automatically receive a place in the loc groups as soon
as that LEGO enthusiast is discovered.  Sometimes it means there are only
a small handful of people, but I'd hate to see a country not be represented.

You've probably created this group for the smallest
possible population (1991 est population of Brunei is just over 300,000).

I think Christmas Island (.cx) might be even smaller.  I think its 1996
population was something like 2,200.  There are probably a lot more people
there actually on the island at any given time since its main industry is
tourism, but the actual population of citizens is pretty small.  I'm not
100% sure yet though that I've seen a LEGO enthusiast online with a .cx
address.

I suppose this would be a rather lonely site, but if anyone is lurking from
Sabah, Sarawak or Labuan, this would be a better group than the
_non-existant_ lugnet.loc.my.

.my = Malaysia, I take it?  Do you know of any LEGO fans in Malaysia?  Are
the two halves (East & West) generally thought of as a unified state or
two separate states?

--Todd