 Administrative / General / 1674
Re: "Look what I built!" group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 04:22:20 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no (Fredrik Glöckner)
writes:
Would it be a good idea to have a newsgroup in which people could post
links to webpages with images of LEGO creations and discussions of them?

I really enjoy looking at other peoples creations, but I find that right
now, such announcements are being posted to a number of different
newsgroups.  I normally use lugnet.build, while others prefer
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish or even lugnet.announce.

If such a group is not appropriate, can someone elaborate on which
newgroups such announcements should be posted?  Is lugnet.build the
correct newsgroup for "Look what I built!" messages?

.build is where I'd put stuff, although if I'd built a train, I'd crosspost
between .build and .trains, and if I'd built something that I'd also modeled
in LDraw, I'd crosspost between .build and .cad or .cad.dat.models.

The .publish group isn't really for talking about stuff that's _been_
published, but instead for talking about publish*ing*:  i.e., photographic
techniques, imaging systems, WWW authoring tools, ISPs, legal issues, etc.

--Todd