 Administrative / General / 1541
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 20:37:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:
Richard Franks <richard@__no_spam_please_im_veggie__spider.com> wrote:
that you do not:
5.  Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous,
       defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent
       information of any kind, including without limitation any
       transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would
       constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or
       otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international
       law.

There isn't a mention of any racist or sexist (eg homophobic)
limitations. Like everything else, the chances of any of this arising
remain small, but does anyone else think they deserve a specific
mention?

[snip]
I think they'd fall under abusive.  But mentioning them explicitly might be
a good idea.

[snip]
--Todd

I think "abusive, ... defamatory,  ... profane, or indecent" covers it very
well without bringing direct attention to "Racist" or "Sexist".  I fully
understand the intent, but I would be astonished to find discriminatory
postings around here.  Even on RTL, that lucious newsgroup of auctions, spam
and flame wars, I was never abused because of my sexual orientation.  Far from
it.