 Administrative / General / 14014
  Death to all Auzzies - or who killed HTTP lugnet?

Hi, It would seem people can still post and read Lugnet via NNTP, but the HTML version of Lugnet seems to be lacking. the rtlToronto group has 3 posts from Nick, and Steve regarding Pizza, that I have read, and replied to. The messages were posted, (...) (16 years ago, 19-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Death to all Auzzies - or who killed HTTP lugnet?

(...) Hi Chris, I am afraid I cannot exactly follow your point. It may very well be that you experienced a small (or medium) lag between the time of your post and the actual appearance of the post on LUGNET's website - this is due to the indexing (...) (16 years ago, 20-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

  24 hr missing http was Re: who killed HTTP lugnet?

(...) Sorry for not being more clear. I thought there was a lugnet wide problem, and my post was just a note to bring it to attention, and to be silly (...) Jerry. When both Janey, and I experienced the same problem, I just presumed it was system (...) (16 years ago, 20-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 24 hr missing http was Re: who killed HTTP lugnet?

(...) Chris, no confusion as such, no - let's rather call it a slight disturbance ;) No, really, I have cross-checked again, and the only thing I seem to find is that we do have a time zone discrepancy between the NNTP and HTTP news post display. (...) (16 years ago, 21-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 24 hr missing http was Re: who killed HTTP lugnet?

Okay, it appears that due to the amount of still-incoming spam we do have a lag with regard to handling authentication emails. That's not exactly new, and it's not exactly as bad as it used to be - my last test took about 15 minutes to show up after (...) (16 years ago, 21-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:K17wvI.GLE@lugnet.com... (...) You need to analyze and filter the spam load, perhaps there is an "upstream" who could handle that sort of thing for you, and take the spam load off the (...) (16 years ago, 21-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 24 hr missing http was Re: who killed HTTP lugnet?

(...) As a matter of fact we are evaluating to throw hardware at the problem (in terms of a stealth firewall that will effectively block the spammers). However, this also involves additional cost that needs to be covered somehow... (...) Identified (...) (16 years ago, 22-May-08, to lugnet.admin.general)