 Administrative / General / 13955 (-5)
  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) First round of virtual drinks are on me... Pulls out my invisible Gold Card, who's up for shots???? Hey John, why dont you and Ross pack up the train display and come join as at the Hobby Show the first weekend of November??? Come on, you know (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) Gee John, if that's your real name. Where did you get that idea? Tell THE TRUTH and don't HATE ME. Seriously: John's rampant conceptual pilfering notwithstanding, I think that this would be a nice idea to try out, so I second the motion if (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) The name "lounge" for an ot forum is not my idea, mind you. But I disagree. I like the way off-topic works; I just think an o-t.lounge might be in order. The OTL. I'd hang there, just like the Friends who hung out in Central Perk (how was that (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) Wow, that is a great name! This would've been a great alternative to the .off-topic name, back in the beginning... wish we'd thought of it then! --Todd (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  LUGNET needs a Lounge

.fun/.pun are for FUs when threads swerve OT; .debate has contentious connotations. A lounge would provide true OT living, where the pithy and the clever could congregate and gentle smack would be allowed-- like an .rtl, without all of the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact