 Administrative / General / 13928
Re: Getting Error on Lugnet Main Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:26:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:

Ben has quotes in his username (Reinhard "Ben" Beneke), this may be related.

ROSCO

It actually is the cause of the error, as the quotes are not correctly escaped
by one of the scripts - I'd've fixed it already but I'm on a business trip
currently. I think the workaround does the trick for now, and a permanent fix
will be put in place as soon as possible.

I don't think banning specific characters or symbols from users' names would be
a viable idea - noone else has issues with these, so neither should we.

(As you can see, I've become accustomed to my double-quoted nickname as well -
and old habits need not necessarily change...)

Jerry