 Administrative / General / 13862
Re: malicious behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:53:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Timothy Gould wrote:
   I’m sorry Dave but I disagree with you about this. Eric’s actions in threatening Ross (and Rene) with legal action is an issue.

To be clear, I was never threatened with legal action. A DMCA notification was served against Northstar (host of jlug.net) regarding pictures linked from jlug.net (but hosted by maj.com). It was Northstar that was obliged to remove the link, and they did so by requesting that I remove it. Had I refused to remove the link, Northstar probably had the option to remove the entire site, but Eric never had any legal case against myself or JLUG, and never threatened such.

In the end, removing the link was unnecessary, because the image was removed from maj.com (I assume because they also received a DMCA notification).

ROSCO