 Administrative / General / 13565 (-10)
  Re: This is it: We're moving!

(...) Thanks, I did not expect old ones to show up just from now on. Bruce (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: This is it: We're moving!

Hi again, apparently the script doing the news2mail conversion was broken. I managed to call it from the command line and found the error. It works now, however only for new posts - I am afraid there is no reasonable way to resend posts that (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

Hi all, this is in reply to all mails I received regarding news2mail subscriptions (i.e. newsgroup subscriptions as direct delivery via email - not digests, those seem to have worked all the time): I have found the error, repaired the script and (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: This is it: We're moving!

(...) Bruce, this is what I meant with my other posts, that I would like to know of anyone currently not receiving his mail subscriptions. Apparently only the direct mail function is affected, whereas the digest function works as intended. I am (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: This is it: We're moving!

(...) Jerry, I subscribe to a large number of news groups and have not received any email since the switch. Going to LUGNET I find my postings that I should of gotten. Can you fix this? Thanks, Bruce (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Important: Index rebuild under way and some other issues

(...) Once the ports are finalised it would be worth updating this page. (URL) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:J18LK0.GDB@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Caught the other post about the ports, I have switched back to 8080 and am now able to connect from work. Mike (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Important: Index rebuild under way and some other issues

Mike Walsh schrieb: (...) Hi Mike, I have enabled both port 8000 and 8080 (due to other user requests) for NNTP. We are now monitoring port usage and will decide later on, which one of these two is going to stay. Currently it's about 50:50, so the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Important: Index rebuild under way and some other issues

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <gereon@zweistein.de> wrote in message news:J13wDy.AuC@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Well, I was definitely using port 8080, yet another undocumented port? (...) Nope. Using Outlook Express for NNTP access. (...) As (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: User Password

(...) Thanks a bunch Rene. Sean (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact