 Administrative / General / 13321
Re: Problems with confirming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:45:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Walters wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Walters wrote:
Oh thank goodness!  I thought I had been banned or something!

I haven't been able to post for weeks and weeks because I always just use the
"X" in the box and hit reply.  I never even thought of trying the link.  I don't
post very often, but the last 4-5 posts I have tried never showed up, even
though I replied to the authorization e-mail.

Well, it worked (obviously).  I wonder how many people have just assumed they
were banned or something and have given up trying.  I was about to give up
myself.

snip

was the problem.  I wonder how many posts are getting "rejected" (not authorized
by error)?

This was once the problem - when trying to contact lugnet admin, it failed, as
it was not possible to send mail to lugnet.com - quite a problem as it was not
even possible to report it.
May I suggest to have another adress for that, e.g. lugnetadmin@hotmail.com, in
case lugnet rejects mail.
I was about to give up, since it was not possible to contact anyone at all.

BR
Sonnich