 Administrative / General / 13130
13129  |  13131
Subject:
Completing the Lugnet Database....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:01:56 GMT

For what it is worth, I do hope that Lugnet maintains some sort of existence
into the future, including the Lugnet database.

In finishing up the final tidbits for my Lego CD I have been working on now for
nearly 3 years, I am just about to the point where I can account for all Lego
sets and parts since 1949.  I am hoping to share this info with Lugnet, Peeron
and Bricklink within the next 6 months.  I am hoping to have Clark Stephens
(Lugnet and Peeron DB Admin) on board for this endeavor.  I have been showing
him and a few others some of the "Lego Mayhem" from the 1950's and 1960's in
Lego sets and parts.  Some items have alpha part numbers, others come in up to
12 language versions.  And a few items don't exist at all (except in catalog
pictures), not even in the Billund Vault.

So I was hoping that Lugnet-Peeron-Bricklink become the central repository for
all Lego knowledge in the known universe..... :-)

All kidding aside, I hope that things work out well for the future of Lugnet to
everyones advantage!

Gary Istok