 Administrative / General / 13104
  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) Well, didn't we decide that we all love it? :) (...) I think it's a really nice feature to have (and a great differential between LUGNET and other boards), but for me, SMTP support is more important than NNTP. Not just because that's what I (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Organizing volunteer coders [was: Dear NNTP users]

(...) Yes, difficult to find a full-time individual who would be available for the duration of any significant (re)development. Also probably hard to find a part-time manager dedicated enough to oversee work done by many. I have received some offers (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Organizing volunteer coders [was: Dear NNTP users]

(...) From what I understand, OS projects don't always look for a single person to organize everyone for the whole time - as people lose interest, others step in. While the larger projects often have a "visionary" leader (Larry Wall, Linus (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Organizing volunteer coders

(...) It seems strange to me, to put RSS in the same group as SMTP and NNTP. To me SMTP and NNTP, like HTTP, are data transfer protocols. RSS is on the other hand a data (annotation) format which - at least in principle - can be transferred with any (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)