 Administrative / General / 13060 (-5)
  Re: LUGNET's code [was: Random thought of the day]

(...) The code does take some getting used to. Reading Todd's code was sometimes really amazing - you'd see he was planning for things you know he had no idea he will need one day. And whenever solving a new problem, there were always many hooks to (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  LUGNET's code [was: Random thought of the day]

(...) yes. this touches on what I meant. And let me say, NNTP and the e-mail lists are extremely important to me. Todd was teaching himself Perl as he created LUGNET. This is what I'd call "personal project driven learning." Anyone who's done this (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) (I'm sorry... I oft forget that everyone doesn't know all that I do.) Yes, he did so when I went to Boston the first time. That was my reason for meeting with him face-to-face. Please consider me his buffer. [thinking...] ...I don't know how (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) Even with the code, specially if all is in PERL, it's till a daunting task to maintain it all. There's (unfortunately IMHO) a reason pretty much every website under the moon these days uses some "cheap" CMS system with a simple webboard (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) Suzanne, after reading your website comments, I can see the strain that this has had on your personal life. Now for the tough question.... is Todd willing to give up the code to Lugnet? If so, then there may be hope for the future of Lugnet. I (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact