 Administrative / General / 1306
  Re: posting failure?

(...) Well, what I wrote above in February was not entirely correct. It is necessary (at least on this system) to FLUSH the socket's buffer when it becomes full. I am not very knowledgeable about sockets in Perl, and it's not a well-documented area, (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: posting failure?

(...) Hold that thought! (...) Well, I feel pretty stoopit now for making the above post -before- doing more stress testing. :-/ A 595KB file I just posted (to a faux group) dropped a few lines in the middle. This bug is out of my league. I'm not (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general)