 Administrative / General / 1264
RE: Names within lugnet.loc.dk hierarchy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 09:13:15 GMT

Jacob wrote:
The "geographic solution":
   /loc/dk/nj/ Nordjylland (Fredrikshavn)
   /loc/dk/vj/ Vestjylland (Ribe)
   /loc/dk/oj/ Østjylland (Århus, Randers, Vejle, Aalborg)
   /loc/dk/sj/ Sønderjylland (Sønderborg, Billund, Esbjerg)
   /loc/dk/fy/ Fyn (Odense)
   /loc/dk/sj/ Sjælland og øerne (København, Roskilde, Nykøbing)
[ /loc/dk/bo/ Bornholm (Rønne) ]

+ few groups of roughly equal area
- difficult to lay down the borders in Jylland

Yes that's true. I think that Aalborg is in Nordjylland.
At least it was when I lived there :-)

I was surprised to see that dk was split into regions.
Denmark is so small, that I personally would subscribe to
any event. If a really interesting event came up, I would
then consider if it were too far away.

However, there might of course be some in south Sweden who
would be interested in events in København (Copenhagen).
So I guess a geograhical division is useful.

But the traffic suggests that a single region is enough.
You can always subdivide dk later, if the need arises.
/Lars (in Århus)