 Administrative / General / 12597
    Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf? —Marc Nelson Jr.
   (...) I agree that people not highlighting isn't necessarily a bad thing, UNLESS those people then complain about what shows up in the spotlight. Instead of encouraging those dissatisfied people to highlight more often, the admins rejiggered the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

        Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Um, I encourage people to spotlight posts every chance I get... (...) Adjusting spotlight weights isn't changing the whole scheme, though, is it? Spotlight weights have been around for a very long time and they get periodically adjusted. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

        Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf? —Jeff Findley
   (...) As a software developer, I don’t think this would be all *that* bad, at least performance wise. First, you’d calculate a ranking of postings which would be similar to how you create the spotlight list today. Call this new (internal list) the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)