 Administrative / General / 12555
Re: Am I alone...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:57:17 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim David wrote:
... in wondering what is going on?  I have read many of the posts about the
whole administering the TOS thing(1) and I can't understand how we have got to
this stage.
Speaking personally, all of the things that people have a problem with doing or
not being allowed to do are things that would never have occured to me to do on
a forum about Lego. Lego isn't even something important enough to swear about,
let alone being important enough to make enemies about.(2)

Tim
(1) Dunno why, it annoys me but is still a fascinating spectacle, bit like
reality TV.
(2) And thats coming from someone who thinks about Lego most of their waking
hours (bit like the way men are supposed to think about sex!)

I agree with you, Tim, LEGO shouldn't usually bring thses issues, but Lugnet,
wether we agree with it or not, isn't only about LEGO.  Plus, there are
individuals that have opposites or conflicting personnalities, and even in
LEGO-related topics, these personnalities can bump into each other and produce
nasty reactions.

But why say LEGO isn't important enough to swear about?  What is?  You see, even
this simple comment by you, a comment that was meant to state a very clean
opinion, can lead to a very bad debate here.  If you answer religion or politics
for example, people can disagree with you and the war will be raging on before
you know it.  With thousands of persons here, it's easy to find people you like,
it's even easier for some to find people you don't like!

Terry

(1) The "you" used in my post was a generic you and wasn't refering to YOU, Tim
:-)

Terry