 Administrative / General / 12423
    Email Harvesting from LUGNET sidebars —Kevin Salm
   As curator for the Market hierarchy, I have posted an email address on each sidebar page so people may contact me. This works pretty well. The email address I use for the sidebars is used ONLY for this purpose. As such the volume of mail sent and (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

        Re: Email Harvesting from LUGNET sidebars —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) Thanks Kevin Salm, I just updated them with the SPAM block. Do you know if the spam block I used should he sufficient, or should I randomize it more? -Lenny (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

        Re: Email Harvesting from LUGNET sidebars —Kevin Salm
   (...) Your change should work well enough. Being that you have used plain text rather than linkable mailto: HTML is good, too. I think that is the one major change I need to make to my email address on the .market sidebars. I don't know anything (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Email Harvesting from LUGNET sidebars —Ross Crawford
   (...) Don't be so sure. Many harvesters look for "@" and surrounding text to see if it looks like an email address. And still others just look for the words "at" and "dot" in close proximity. Don't underestimate the cunning of people willing to piss (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)