 Administrative / General / 12352
  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Dowd wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> As a Christian, I used to 'take offense' to OMG. But over the last decade, I write (and say), "Oh My Goodness!" so that's how I choose to read OMG now. You'd have to do something pretty (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) You are in good company! That's exactly why that usage was invented some time in the last couple of centuries. You could also read it as "Oh my gosh" or even "Oh my golly". Gosh and golly (euphemisms for God) were also invented to stop people (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)