 Administrative / General / 12352
Re: Bye, bye LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:06:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Dowd wrote:

<snip>

Interesting point - the difference between profanities and vulgarities. Here on
Lugnet mild instances of taking God's name in vain occur seemingly without
making a blip on the radar. But, personally, I find a post like, "OMG! That MOC
is awesome!" far more offensive than Richard M's infamous f-bomb post(1).

Ken

<snip>

As a Christian, I used to 'take offense' to OMG. But over the last decade, I
write (and say), "Oh My Goodness!" so that's how I choose to read OMG now.

You'd have to do something pretty spectacular to me and my property for me to
take offense at something these days...

Dave K