 Administrative / General / 12335 (-5)
  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) ...and I thought I was a cynic! ;) Scott A (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Shame on you. (Re: Bye, bye LUGNET & hello world.... )

(...) Essentially, that sounds like a highly subjective judgment. This thread makes it apparent that a number of members have concerns about the Admins' judgment in this area. I think we would be prudent to reconsider our whole approach to this (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Wait, wait! Where's the "I love LUGNET" post. Bring it on...*that* will make all the bad things go away... -Tim (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) Hear, hear. And perhaps that would cut down on the 'censorship whiners.' LUGNET is privately owned, it is NOT the public square. I really wish people would get over themselves. Anyways, it's not like I read in-depth enough for this to effect (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

Yes. nicely put. admittedly a filter can be good but not perfect. Even if it only catches 50%, it's helped out and that would only leave the extreme cases for the admins to deal with. The occasional slip would be taken care of most of the time. I (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact