 Administrative / General / 12280
    Re: Bye, bye LUGNET —Jason S. Mantor
   (...) umm... I think you underestimate just how fast the lugnet server hardware is and that the posts are already indexed to be searchable. This url (which has been sanitized) found all occourances of one of 7 dirty words in 0.2 seconds. To get them (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Bye, bye LUGNET —Tim David
   (...) A chat site that my wife used to use had a similar profanity replacement program, it replaced the words with amusing alternative that sometime gave a clue to the original word. However, with a bit of testing it was obvious that: A: There were (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)