 Administrative / General / 12041
    LUGNET not accessible due to traffic load —Todd Thuma
   LUGNET Administrators, It seems to me that LUGNET is becoming increasingly not available due to traffic load. Is this perception wrong? If there is some truth to my perception, is there action that can be taken to reduce the dreaded unavailability (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: LUGNET not accessible due to traffic load —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I'm one but this is just me talking, not an official answer. I think the guesses are good though. (...) I have noticed it too... when Todd does, he looks into it. Lately, it usually has been spiders (webcrawlers, bots, whatever) hammering the (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: LUGNET not accessible due to traffic load —Dan Boger
   (...) I believe this isn't an issue of bandwidth limits, but of server load. When the server gets too busy, the CPU just doesn't keep up with all the requests, and the load goes up. And once the load hits a magic number (20, I think?) the server (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)