 Administrative / General / 11984
Re: Spammer Using LUGNET?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 03:11:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jamie Obrien wrote:
Janey Cook wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Adrian Egli wrote:

Has anyone else received an email with this address?

I5zJ6s.rDJ@lugnet.com

I got my fifth such email and all five have had some virus or worm in them.

Thanks,

Adr.

Yes, I am getting them as well, I get one a day with that lugnet.com addy,
always with an attachment which I just assumed is a virus, so I have just
deleted them.

Janey "Red Brick"

6 days ago I cleared my "spam" folder, and today there is a total of 9 pieces of
spam, and 6 of them (one from each day) is this same user with the lugnet.com
address, each mail has a different subject, and the attachment is slightly
different size each time, but the address remains the same
(I5zJ6s.rDJ@lugnet.com).  I don't have a clue, can anything be done about this,
can someone address this, or should I just put the whole thing in my "oh well,
so is life" mental block?

Curious,
Janey "Red Brick"

Hi, it looks like a lugnet.com messageid. ive gotten some in the past.
It was when someone Outlook Express became compromised, and it was
used/determined to ba a valid email address. If you can, post the entire
headers of the email in question so we can have a looksy. Also, are you
sure the attachment is a virus?

As a side effect, you need to keep an eye on your spam system, otherwise
it may flag all lugnet.com email as spam. Whitelist, if you can, the
confirmation email address, and any other important *@lugnet.com emails.

hurry my clock is ticking :(
jamie :(((((((