 Administrative / General / 11958
Re: Can we help?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 22:58:50 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Richie Dulin wrote:

Sure is: Outrageous claim. Unrelated evidence.

It would have been clearer to just say that instead of being clever.

Possibly. But by no means necessarily. In my view, sometimes the way a point is
made contributes to the understanding of the point being made.

I see now that the poster has clarified his statement. It is now just an
outrageous claim.

So he has.

PS: I thought that sarcasm, mockery and truth (and even all degrees of subtlety)
had a place in lugnet discussions. Perhaps this is no longer the case?

Sarcasm and mockery? Not really, no.

But your condescending reprimand to me contained both sarcasm and mockery,
right?

And I note that you snipped my comment on that from your reply - although I
concede that my comment on that may have used to much irony for you to
understand.

FUT .general.

Your FUT cancelled (it's way off topic for .general) and FUT reset to
admin.general

I defer to your greater expertise.

However, I note that your reprimand to me was probably off topic for .dear-lego
(where you posted it), unless it really *was* a request for clarification of my
post. I was merely redirecting to where I thought (erroneously, it seems) it was
best placed, as you had chosen not to do so.

Cheers

Richie Dulin