 Administrative / General / 11884
Re: What Does Geobra Society have to do with Lavender Brick Society?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:47:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Adrian Egli wrote:
Like my subject line says "What does Geobra Society have to do with Lavender
Brick Society?"  The author of the Geobra post completely removed all words
posted in the original Lavender Brick one.  No comments are made for/against a
GLBT newsgroup but rather for a Paymobil one.  Isn't it more proper to create a
new tree altogether?  Comments?

Adr.

I thought with all this recent talk about add'l ng's that Dave S would have
piped up for a more bon-a-fide MegaBlok NG, instead of 'clone-brands'.

But again the L in LUGNET doesn't stand for Lavender or cLone bricks, it stands
for LEGO.

I personally don't see the harm in an .org group for Lavender, and I don't see
the harm in a sub group under .general.clone-brands group for MegaBlok, but I
don't own this back yard so I abide within the framework of those who do own it.

And after 100+ posts, I'm sure there's nothing new to contribute to the
conversation--now it resides in the purview of the administrators.  I'm sure
whatever decision is forthcoming from them will cause some people to be happy
and some people to be not-so-happy, which will result in a flurry of yet more
posts.

But again, those that have been here for a while already know the results of
these types of issues.

Still lovin' LUGNET, even in its predictability.

Dave K