 Administrative / General / 11783
Re: Why do I not receive some confirmation e-mails?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:22:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Joel Hoornbeek wrote:
I'm hoping someone on the admin team can help me.  I have been trying all
morning to post a message to .space, but I have not yet received the
confirmation e-mail.  I posted a test message to .off-topic.test, and
received the e-mail almost instantly.  What's going on?
I've been posting via the web interface, although I'm attempting to send
this one via nntp.

-Joel

I'm having the same trouble - at least an hour between posting and receiving the
confirmation email.  It's a big nuisance when you're trying to keep up with a
discussion!

The confirmation emails (when they finally arrive) have the correct time of
posting, so is it anything to do with clock synchronisation due to daylight
saving time, or possibly a slow US to Europe gateway?

Mark