 Administrative / General / 117
  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) Hrmmm - I can see how the firewall issue comes into play for the question of whether or not to move the lcad list here, but if people are accessing a news server to read rtl, why couldn't they access lugnet to do the same with these groups? (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) Because maybe they're able to access a usenet news server _behind_ their firewall, but aren't allowed to connect to just whatever newserver they want Out In The World? (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) Corporate servers is where firewalls usually are, yeah. A company sponsors the groups that are broadcasted. But lugnet's are not broadcasted. However, I note that I moved to downloading news on my own machine because I was never able to get (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) Oh, the people who work for Big Brother and his siblings. -- Unofficial listing of weekly Lego Shop at Home phone specials (URL) (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada) www.auczilla.com - World's Largest Online Selection of LEGO Pieces (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) When I learn how to use Free Agent Donny D (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)