 Administrative / General / 117
Re: When is everyone coming over?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 20:29:57 GMT

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:14:31 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:

It might be a while. Some people don't want to change their habits. And
others can't, due to firewall issues. (Todd - the web interface would
certainly help here!) And, although Todd is (well as far as I can tell) a
good person and doing this for all the right reasons, there might be some
moral issues about moving from an open, public resource to something which
actually belongs to and is controlled by a individual. (Or a couple of
people.)

Plus, rtl is easy for new people looking for Lego newsgroups to find....

Hrmmm - I can see how the firewall issue comes into play for the
question of whether or not to move the lcad list here, but if people
are accessing a news server to read rtl, why couldn't they access
lugnet to do the same with these groups?

Unless you mean just people using corporate servers, I suppose?

--
Unofficial listing of weekly Lego Shop at Home phone specials
http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/