 Administrative / General / 11684
    Intermittent problem: Server error viewing post —Larry Pieniazek
   Various users are noticing various intermittent problems trying to view posts. I dunno if this one will even make it out there or not. People may not want to post long things that took a lot of work to compose, unless they have them saved away, till (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Intermittent problem: Server error viewing post —Ross Crawford
     (...) Weird - I can view this message, and Kyle's (URL) and a couple of others on peerons ticker. Doesn't seem to be related to whether or not I've previously viewed them or anything else I can figure. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Intermittent problem: Server error viewing post Todd Lehman
     (...) I opened the hood and found that Perl was segfaulting when generating a couple of the webpages reported. I switched the shebang line to another version of Perl and that seems to have cleared it up. Segfaults in Perl are spooky. --Todd (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Intermittent problem: Server error viewing post —Ross Crawford
   (...) I can view them all in my newsreader, and don't seem to be having any trouble posting, so I'm guessing it's only affecting the web viewer. But I could be wrong. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)