 Administrative / General / 11605 (-5)
  Re: disk failure

(...) That must've been the disk in the process of dying... Enough stuff cached in RAM to run and provide basic functionality, but not enough to handle the non-constantly-accessed functions. Thanks for the data points. --Todd (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: disk failure

(...) I noticed Lugnet was down for a while at about 5:00ish GMT. When it came back up there was no traffic on the traffic page, i.e. no reported posting, even for the last 7 days, everthing else seemed to work as far as I tested it. I didn't (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  disk failure

The LUGNET production server (still the older server, hosted at Pair Networks) suffered a disk failure today at what appears to be, according to the logs, 11:30am EST. The disk has been replaced, data restored, and we seem to be set back about 8 (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: password for lugnet

(...) FUT to admin.general ROSCO (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Trains logo - need scan

(...) I haven't found the first one bearing the steam engine silhouette, but the second logo, although with noticeably larger lettering, is available near the top left corner of Lugnet's Train news page: (URL) to me this logo seems to be a (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact