 Administrative / General / 11417
  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Ayiee, mine eyes!! ;] I find it overwhelming. One of the trends that I notice in home page design is that people are increasingly trying to link to every single page of their site's content (and affiliate sites' content) from the home page. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) If I remember the musings from near Lugnet's beginning, this is sort of intentional -- the logo is specifically not a Lego brick to avoid all risk of confusion with being an official site. Maybe that's not such a worry at this point. (...) Now (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) SNIP (...) Peeron.com has a random piece of the day feature Jeff (20 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) By itself, having a random piece is slightly interesting. But a specifically-picked "Cool Brick of the Week" could be a lot more -- history of that part, some suggestions of non-obvious building techniques, examples of (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Man am I behind in my reading/posting. The Spacers have a Seed Part of the Month... it seems to generate some (a LOT OF!) neat creations. Not all seed parts are "cool", IIRC, some were chosen to be "challenging" to incorporate, so maybe it's a (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I've been thinking about this for a while myself. It's a great way to stimulate both creativity and lateral thinking! May I suggest "Tricky Bricks Incorporated" and propose the small rubber band holder as the first contender: (URL) should be (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)