 Administrative / General / 11410
Re: Landspeeder Difference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:45:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Erik Bush wrote:
Hey,

  The new Mos Eisley Cantina #4501 comes with Luke Skywalkers' Landspeeder.  Why
is this one different compared to the original #7110 Landspeeder?  Isn't it
supposed to be the same?  The way I remember it, it is the same in the movie.

Erik Bush

I had the same question after I got Mos Eisley Cantina. Although I'm not
thrilled with some of the new design, I also recently acquired one of the
original 7110's....I hadn't remembered that the 7110 was actually in a tan color
scheme, but it seems the one in 4501 more closely resembles the one in the
movies. The one in 4501 is also longer, and features a functional open/close
hatch under the center turbine. Though I wasn't really impressed with the 4501
at first, I now recognize it as a closer representtion of the SW toys I had when
I was younger, especially with the sand red color scheme.

Play On!!!
Mike.