 Administrative / General / 11346
    Re: New homepage for LUGNET —Matthew Miller
   (...) If I remember right, the initial news rating system *was* 0-10, and it didn't work very well. Too many options, too much work. (...) I'm not sure this is a good thing. It can lead to a sort of "clique" of Famous Posters and interesting things (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

        Re: New homepage for LUGNET Todd Lehman
   (...) Ya, or rather it worked too well. It was actually used quite a bit, but it saw almost immediate abuse when people discovered that they could mark posts as zero from people they didn't like, just to be mean. Internally, it was represented by a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)